Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Formula for Self Confidence Simplified for Early Learners

Welcome again Dear Readers led here from Napoleon Hill Yesterday and Today, Dale Carnegie, Microskills, and other places of inspiration:

As I have had the good fortune of many verbal requests, I am posting this version of the formula again today for easy retrieval. Hope this is helpful...

As promised in the guest column you may have read in the November 21 edition of the e-zine, Napoleon Hill, Yesterday and Today, the "Simplified Formula for Self-Confidence for Early Learners" follows immediately below.

“Simplified” Confidence Formula for Children (by Kathleen Betts, October 2008)
Adapted from the Formula for Self–Confidence in Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, 1937

1. I promise to practice doing things that will help me to get better at doing the special things I want to do most in my life.

2. I can close my eyes and make a picture that I can see clearly in my imagination, of myself doing the special things I want to do most.

3. Each morning when I wake up and each night before I sleep, I will say out loud “I know I can” while I think about what I want most to do and to have.

4. I have written down the words and drawn a picture of myself, to show clearly what I want to do most and what I want to have most.

5. I know that being the person I want to be and having what I want most, will last a long time if I am sure to always be honest and fair with others.

Others will be fair to me and helpful to me, because I am fair and helpful to others.

Others will believe in me, because I will believe in others and in myself.

I will read this page out loud every day until I can remember it and I will keep repeating it out loud every day so that I get ideas and choose to do things that will help me to achieve what I want most so that I can be the person I made in the pictures on paper and in my imagination.

Name: _____________________ Signature: __________________________

The “Simplified” Children’s Formula for Self-Confidence by Kathleen Betts has been adapted from Napoleon Hill’s Formula for Self Confidence with the consent and approval of the Napoleon Hill Foundation.

Kids may like to customize the formula even more to name a particular goal they are working toward instead of saying generics like "thing(s) I want most" and "special thing(s)." I hope this is a helpful tool to parents who are working together with their children to optimize potential and opportunity.

For more information on the work of Napoleon Hill, please visit the website at http://www.naphill.org/

If you are not already a subscriber to the inspirational weekly e-zine, Napoleon Hill Yesterday and Today, please click on this link if you are interested: http://mailer.napoleon-hill-news.com/common/SignMeUp.html?customerId=3.

Ardently,


Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your over-the-top story or comments and words of inspiration for others.