Followers

Friday, December 4, 2009

Toronto Observer Article November 26, 2009 - Local Scarborough Writer : )

Hello Dear Blog Reader:

Kareen Awadalla, a writer from the Toronto Observer and a wonderful person to have met, found me on Facebook when she was looking for an arts and literature story for Scarborough.

I was so honoured that she wanted to share my story and I hope you don't mind that I'd like to share her article with you too.

http://www.torontoobserver.ca/2009/11/26/local-author-receives-first-book-publication/

For friends from Microskills, please note my gratitude to Nancy (as mentioned in the article to my delight) for alerting me to the chance to get published and also my gratitude to Katherine Young for daring me to try. The article mentions Nancy's name and I dearly wish it named Katherine as well. I didn't see the draft before it went to print. If I had, I would have asked to give credit specifically to Katherine Young as I doubt I would have tried if I had not had the good fortune of being dared by Katherine. Hope others among you are also finding happiness and success from Katherine's very positive influence.

Thank you again and again to Katherine and Nancy and to all of you from Microskills, Dale Carnegie, Toastmasters, Keep Any Promise, Napoleon Hill, Canadian Voices, Good News Toronto, and especially my family and friends, who have encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and to hope for something wonderful.

Thank you again and again to Lou Holtz for reminding us that we're in a good place when we have "Something to do, someone to love and something to hope for."

Ardently,

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your over-the-top story or comments and words of inspiration for others.